A_B_C

Marquee for Node Tool independent of Path Selection

The title says it all.  ;)

At the moment the Node Tool marquee only shows up for selected paths ... which means you cannot select nodes from different paths unless they are all selected. I find this somewhat cumbersome. Or am I missing something?

Have a look how Fontlab handles it ...

Kind regards everybody,

Alex

Fontlab.mov

yes i found that tedious as well... Perhaps some toggle

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

2018 11" iPad Pro 256 GB, latest iPadOS public beta

Ah, but the good thing about the current setup is you can only select the nodes of a selected shape.

Imagine a complex piece with many overlapping and crowded shapes, this allows you to select only the nodes of the current selected object. In illustrator you are always selecting unwanted stuff, so you either have to lock or hide or put on separate locked layers all of the stuff that you don't want to accidentally select.

At first I didn't like Designers way of doing this now I find it's a better way to go about it.  It's actually pretty damn smart.  :)

You’re right, retrograde, I had the same idea tonight ... one should always wait until next morning before hitting "post" ...  ;)

Font design and complex illustrations are quite different things ...