You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flood selection tool not working, picture not masking [Solved]

UPDATE: SOLVED

1) I forgot to rasterize selected layer, which was still in image format, and convert it to pixel format.

2) The other problem, regarding refinement - some pictures, for some reason, it just won’t refine as well. No matter how many times you go over it, unsnap the selection tool, and manually trace around, down to the pixel, refinement process will still somehow not remove all outer artifact defects.

ORIGINAL

Hello,

Two Problems:

1) Going along with this tutorial (

) Flood tool not working. Nothing occurs, no marquee lines appear.

2) Going along with the refinement tutorial (

) I’m trying to take the knight, in the attached image below, delete everything else from that picture. Just extract the Knight.

The goal I’m trying to accomplish here is create a mask layer from out of the Knight and layer it on top of a real human photo, as if wearing the armor.

Unfortunately, what’s working in the tutorial is not happening here, the marque lines don’t invert onto the Knight alone, they trace around the entire image, and the Knight, even after I choose invert. I’ve deselected and tried several times - to no avail.

I choose to ignore the fact, invert is not working like the tutorial, so I just move on into the refinement portion.

Unfortunately, refinement is not refining all the borders around the Knight, therefore pieces of the background are exposed instead of being totally whited out.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can’t pinpoint it. Help please. Thank you.

Using this with iPad Pro 10.5

Knight Picture in Affinity Photo Breakdown:

1) Normal Knight

2) Knight After Selection Persona and initial refinement

3) Refining process after I have brushed around closely against the Knight, with the refinement

4) Nothing is refined, and as you can see, background is still behind him –

post-63578-0-79713500-1498964519_thumb.jpg

post-63578-0-41567700-1498998310_thumb.png

post-63578-0-75892600-1498998348_thumb.png

post-63578-0-50129800-1498998420_thumb.png

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

• 3 weeks later...