You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Fonts not appearing on Font list

Helllo, guys.

I'm new to the fórum and I'm using Affinity Designer since the beta for Windows.

Since the beta I'm having trouble handling new fonts. Seriously, from update to update the fonts just don't work. I have to unninstall everything, losing my color palletes because we don't have na export tool. Today I've got very frustrated by wanting to use a very especific font from Google Fonts and I can't. I can't use Lato.

I can't seem to find the reason why this is happening. Sometimes unninstalling Works, sometimes not.

I've searched for this problem in other places, didn't find much. Nobody seems to be with this issue, but me.

Do you guys have any idea why this is happening?

I already tried launching the app with administrator rights, as well. No good.

I have a similar problem.

I installed a font on one of my PCs and created a file with some text with this new font. It worked ok on that PC.

But later a tried to open the same file on another computer (Windows OS as well) and found out that the same text is displayed with Ariel instead of the desired font. The font is available in the dropdown list, I choose it but the font does not change and Arial stays in place. 

• Staff

Hi guibleme,

Welcome to the Forums :)

I'm sorry to hear you have been having issues getting your fonts to show in Affinity. Have you tried going to the Affinity preferences window navigating to the miscellaneous section and Resetting Fonts?

Verton for your issue it sounds as though the second computer didnt have that font installed please could you make sure it is installed on both computers then try again?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 6 months later...

Same problem here with the latest version of Affinity Designer.

I installed a new font on my Mac using the MacOS font manager app, and it seems the font list of AD does not take it into account in real-time (nevertheless many apps perform this well). Anyway, so I quit Affinity Designer and relaunch the app, but no success. The new font does not appear in the AD font list. So I decide to reboot the Mac, and again no success. The app is still missing in the font list of AD !!!

Finally I tried to reset the fonts using the command in the Preferences panel, and guess what... no success !

Any idea to get around this issue would be highly appreciated...

Regards.