You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Share file in Affinity Format between iPad and Mac

I only see sharing functionality in the Export menu. However, this does not include Affinity's native format.

This is NOT good.

Ideally, I should be able to save a file in iCloud and edit either from my iPads or from my Macs.

Am I missing something?

(Testing the 1.6.3. Beta).

mfsignature.jpg

Hey Nikos,

You can choose 'Save a copy' from the document menu and save a copy to iCloud to open on Mac, it will duplicate, so you'll have one on iPad and the other in iCloud. I know this is something the team are working on (syncing files between devices), but for now this is the way to get your .afphoto file from iPad to Mac and Mac to iPad, it just means managing manually until a solution is provided and iOS11 arrives with the new files app (which may help)

Hope this helps.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials