ronnyb

FX's palette's Color wheel sub-palette yielding unexpected results

Playing around in a file pushing what I can do with AD's FXs... I may have broken something...

I have a bunch of effects creating a complex geometric form based on simply triangle shapes.

The last effect I was applying was an over-all glow. The color wheel is yielding glows with opposite results, as if it's picking up the hue on the opposite side of an axis... He's what I mean:

1. Magenta color works as expected, yields, magenta glow, defining upper pole of "reflected color axis": post-1105-0-20131900-1422260773_thumb.png

2. Purple color DOESN"T work as expected, yields, red glow, symmetrical along the magenta/green axis of the color wheel: post-1105-0-02218600-1422260888_thumb.png

3. Red color DOESN"T work as expected, yields, Purple glow, opposite from the one above, still symmetrical along the magenta/green axis of the color wheel: post-1105-0-81412300-1422260993_thumb.png

4. Cyan color DOESN"T work as expected, yields, Orange glow, still symmetrical along the magenta/green axis of the color wheel: post-1105-0-13790800-1422261044_thumb.png

5. Orange/Yellow color DOESN"T work as expected, yields, Cyan glow, opposite from the one above, still symmetrical along the magenta/green axis of the color wheel: post-1105-0-02979100-1422261141_thumb.png

6. Green color works as expected, yields, Green glow. defining "lower pole" of "reflected color axis": post-1105-0-12571400-1422261251_thumb.png

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS Big Sur 11.1

2018 11" iPad Pro 256 GB, latest iPadOS public beta

There's a lof of interactions going on in that project. You have some Layer adjustements applied along with several FX's using diferent blend modes etc. It' more likely that the results you're getting are the result of those interactions than a bug or something weird going on. I've checked some of the FX/color issues you're referring and everything is working as expected here.

MEB, I kept simplifying the effects, and came to the same conclusion it was caused by the interaction of 2 or more effects on different nesting levels... I guess that comes with the power and flexibility of Ads environment.

thanks for looking into it!

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS Big Sur 11.1

2018 11" iPad Pro 256 GB, latest iPadOS public beta