You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where and how to a file a crash report?

• Staff

When I first set the iPads here up, I was asked whether I wanted to send information to software developers. I understand that is a subtle way to get permission to send crash reports. Without that option they are not sent. I expect you can enable it as an afterthought, but most people say no and so we don't rely on them. Better to describe the problem and see if we can replicate it. Otherwise I expect someone here can say how to get that option on and next time it crashes see what happens.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Here is the situation. I have gotten to a certain point on a composite. I'm following a tutorial in Advanced Photoshop so I can get used to your iPad affinity photo user interface. I attached a screen shot so you can see how Many layers and masks I'm working with. At this point I'm editing the water. Masking it out so it appears as the same visual plane as the landcape. I get it masked out and correctly placed. I keep following the tutorial and it looks great but when I exit the file it throws me back to this history state and undoes all my work. It's like I'm stuck at this stage of the project. 5 times now it has done it. I downloaded and installed the iPad update just in case that might fix it but it still does it. A few times it has just crashed completely after I get the water layer masked out. Any advise? Oh BTW I'm using an iPad Pro 12.9  OS version 10.3.2. I think... lol

IMG_0104.PNG

On 1.7.2017 at 4:40 PM, Patrick Connor said:

When I first set the iPads here up, I was asked whether I wanted to send information to software developers. I understand that is a subtle way to get permission to send crash reports. Without that option they are not sent. I expect you can enable it as an afterthought, but most people say no and so we don't rely on them. Better to describe the problem and see if we can replicate it. Otherwise I expect someone here can say how to get that option on and next time it crashes see what happens.

This setting is under:

Settings-privacy-analytics-share with developers

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

eagerly awaiting AD for iPad :-)I

@MuffinsI found the privacy settings on my iPad and found they are enabled. Does this mean every time my affinity photo app crashes it sends you guys a report? I thought that was just for sending apple crash reports. There isn't anything under that setting where I can choose specifically for this app to send you guys a report?

• 4 months later...

I have a project, that the app keeps crashing on as well. Can we email anyone... should we be posting here? My project is a simple hand drawn lettering one... the one thing I'm noticing is that the eraser brush keeps reseting after the crash. But it's crashing with the paint brush.

This is for the iPad App v1.6.5.

[Update: Dec, 9, 2017] - So, the app would not stop crashing last night... it would crash when I would try to save the file and then it just would crash when I was using the brush tool. Got very annoying, lost a lot of time and some work. This morning, I brought the file over to the Desktop App and re-saved. Brought it back to the iPad and so far, no more problems. Maybe the history or something got messed up, but now it seems to work fine.

Edited by stldoug
Update

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
macOS 10.15.4 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 570 4 GB

• 2 weeks later...

I am running on Mac with High Sierra 10.3.2. Just upgraded.  Affinity Photo crashing on open. Never had this problem before:

Process:               Affinity Photo [2836]
Path:                  /Applications/Affinity Photo.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Photo
Identifier:            Affinity Photo
Version:               1.6.6 (1.6.6)
App Item ID:           824183456
App External ID:       824080612
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Affinity Photo [2836]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-12-17 20:44:47.848 -0600
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.2 (17C88)