You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Alignment (First or Last Selected)

The topmost selected object is the first selected, the bottommost is the last. You align all objects to either the first or last one (i. e. the first/last stays where it is and all others are moving), rather than having them all meet in the median point.

No, it is not the order of the objects in the layer hierarchy which is relevant here. It is simply the order of selection. That means, when you select several objects, “Align To First” will take the first object you selected as the reference object, and “Align To Last” will use the last object you selected. Remember, you cannot select several different objects at the same time. The order of selection will always be a linear one. So basically, there is no need to change the document structure for getting this to work. Just select the middle object in your stack first, then select all the other objects, and finally use “Align To First” … simple as that … :)

This is what I've been waiting for for a long time now, But I personally think it's not very well implemented! the way Illustrator does it is far more flexible than AD, In Ai you select your objects (wether you drag select or select individually) then select any one of the objects you want to align to then select your alignment option, now thats simple.

I hope AD gets a simpler way to do it in the future.

But at least I can do it now.

Having played about with it a bit more I do see how it is more flexible. I was was just testing aligning 1 object in the centre of the other object in AD it took 7 clicks in AI it took 5.

Is there a way you can add the align to options to the pop up menu when you right/CTRL click the objects to align?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.