You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.75

• Staff

The list of changes incudes: Align to key items (first/last selected).

Where is this implemented? I don't see any preference setting for it, and alignments seem to occur the same way, regardless of the order in which I select the objects.

JET

Hi JET_Affinity,

Click the Arrange icon in the main toolbar, then click on one of the dropdowns. That's where these options are located. The alignment is made in function of the order the objects are selected. Draw five objects side by side with different gaps between them (horizontally) for example. Select them starting with the second then shift click the rest except the 4th - make this one the last object selected. Now click the Arrange icon on the main toolbar set the alignment to First selected and click one of the alignment options - Align centre (Horizontally) - all objects will be horizontally centre aligned with the second object. Click the dropdown again and select Last object - again all objects will now be centered aligned with the fourth object. Change the dropdown again to Selection bounds - this time all objects will be centered aligned with the middle of the whole selection box (containing the fixe objects). Check this clip (no sound) for details: i've kept the green group as reference on bottom so you can see how the different options affect the red objects in relation to them.

Hi JET_Affinity,

Click the Arrange icon in the main toolbar, then click on one of the dropdowns. That's where these options are located. The alignment is made in function of the order the objects are selected. Draw five objects side by side with different gaps between them (horizontally) for example. Select them starting with the second then shift click the rest except the 4th - make this one the last object selected. Now click the Arrange icon on the main toolbar set the alignment to First selected and click one of the alignment options - Align centre (Horizontally) - all objects will be horizontally centre aligned with the second object. Click the dropdown again and select Last object - again all objects will now be centered aligned with the fourth object. Change the dropdown again to Selection bounds - this time all objects will be centered aligned with the middle of the whole selection box (containing the fixe objects). Check this clip (no sound) for details: i've kept the green group as reference on bottom so you can see how the different options affect the red objects in relation to them.

This is a welcome new feature. This reminds me of a request (somewhere in the forum) to eliminate the "Done" button, can you tell us if this is being considered, Miguel?

Thanks/Obrigado!

I haven't had much time to really delve deeply into it yet, but at a casual glance, it seems to be considerably more usable than the previous beta. I still do get the occasional image echo when moving objects around, but it's nowhere near so noticeable, and is easily offset by the fact that AD seems so, so much more performant now.

hello ...

i want to see some add ons on affinity Designer Like a support a RTL Language and snap for points for pentool handles 

and i wanna thanks for affinity team because bring good softwares for Graphic Designers and Photographys and i hope in future i see software for Video Editing or post production

that's what on my mind i said it 

and i'm sorry for my english bad ^^! 

Best Regards for you 

by the way some serious Kudos for making the download continuable, the internet at work is really unstable lately and I have by now at least 3 times  the DL killed by some kind of network error, and opera can apparently safely continue where it was upon restart.

it is sadly way too common for paid suff to have the download protected using annoying means which make it impossible to continue when you get problems.