You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.75

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the fourth beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes (since last beta build 74)

• Further improved RAW loading times
  • Fixed incorrect colours when performing document to screen colour conversion
  • More Light UI fixes
  • Reduced size of mitre output in SVG

Differences over Public Release Version 1.5.3.69

• First and foremost, the 1.6 version is mainly about: Light UI! (go to Preferences->User Interface)
  • New Stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
  • New Glyph browser
  • Improved view pan/zoom performance and new pixel-differencing pixel shader
  • Improved performance with large documents
  • Align to key items (first/last selected)
  • Text frame vertical alignment options
  • Fit frame to text (double-click on bottom centre handle).
  • Transform panel uses the rotation centre 
  • Scale/shear can now be performed about rotation centre 
  • Double-click now resets shape handles and rotate/shear handles
  • Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
  • Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
  • Added option to use High Precision input from WinTab (Wacom and compatible) devices (off by default)
  • Improved load time of RAW files 
  • Fixed failure to hit rotation centre if the object had a transform
  • Improved Inpainting seam healing
  • Improved Inpainting memory usage
  • Improved UI responsiveness when panning or zooming during complex operations
  • Fixed right clicking thumbnails in the Layers panel deselects multiple-selected objects
  • Fixed colour chooser dialog failing to show waterfall after applying gradient
  • Fixed panel resizing behaves differently to macOS version
  • Fixed Brush Dynamic profiles not drawing correctly when first node is above zero
  • Fixed object moves in Layers panel when attempting to select it when scrollbar is visible
  • Fixed text justification when a line-break is on the last line
  • Reduced size of mitre output in SVG

Thanks Mark

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Again, thanks for this beta update.

Load times of 21mb Panasonic-RW2 have improved again about 20% since beta 1.6.0.74.

The issue of the previous beta 1.6.0.74 still exists:

when I choose "repair", Alt+Click and move the white crosshair to another image area, the small "source" crosshair travels in the center of the large "destination" crosshair. Only when I click again to paint the source sample in the destination area of the image, the black crosshair jumps back to the Alt/Clicked area where it is supposed to stay after just Alt+Clicking. When I let go of the left mouse button to stop repairing, the "source" crosshair jumps back to the "destination" crosshair again. This behaviour is different from v1.5.2.69. Also in the last stable version 1.5.2.69 "repair" shows me a round "destination" brush instead of the crosshair of this latest beta.

I hope you can understand what I mean :-)

Both my previous issues with Beta 74 are fixed...no more white strip down the LHS of RAW files, and the Zoom ratio is working correctly now. Great work!

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Help on HDR is back but the texture control in the lighting layer still affects all lights rather than just the selected one.  Some .afphoto images are displayed with a grid, but I can't see any obvious connection between those that do..

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Me too!

Samething here, in Develop Persona there is a lag between slider movement and Histogram update.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Great to see new betas coming up so quickly. I have the same update lag with the histogram here in the develop persona.

And still horrible loading times (about 15sek.) for a Fuji RAF Image. And of course, still the same problem since the first photo version with too dark RAW files from Fujifilm. Is it too hard to fix that for you guys?  :) 

It is unusable for, if there is only a headroom of 2 stops for the RAW editing and you have to use it to tweak the image to its starting point  :unsure:

Great to see new betas coming up so quickly. I have the same update lag with the histogram here in the develop persona.

And still horrible loading times (about 15sek.) for a Fuji RAF Image. And of course, still the same problem since the first photo version with too dark RAW files from Fujifilm. Is it too hard to fix that for you guys?  :)

It is unusable for, if there is only a headroom of 2 stops for the RAW editing and you have to use it to tweak the image to its starting point  :unsure:

Can confirm that: Sony raw loads definitely faster compared to the previous releases, Fuji raw hasn't changed.

Hofnaar: as for the available stops when you edit your Fuji raw files, have you tried switching off the Tone Curve? It works for me.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Why does this result when adding up? Is this a bug or so it should be?

https://youtu.be/1_eckgZIoVM

Your question really belongs in an Affinity Designer thread, not an Affinity Photo thread, but what you show in the YouTube clip is happening because you can only 'add' closed curves. If a curve is unclosed, as in your example, the program will close it before performing the 'add' operation.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Your question really belongs in an Affinity Designer thread, not an Affinity Photo thread, but what you show in the YouTube clip is happening because you can only 'add' closed curves. If a curve is unclosed, as in your example, the program will close it before performing the 'add' operation.

Thank you!

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Can confirm that: Sony raw loads definitely faster compared to the previous releases, Fuji raw hasn't changed.

Hofnaar: as for the available stops when you edit your Fuji raw files, have you tried switching off the Tone Curve? It works for me.

Thanks, the tone curve is already off in my develop persona :)

This problem with the histogram in the 1.6 branch is only me?
The histogram is recalculated very slowly, which makes it difficult to develop raw.

I agree with M850. There is a lag in the Histogram when working with RAW files. Official release 1.5.2.69 worked perfectly.

Now my jpgs load in 5 seconds over 10 seconds in Live = excellent!

BIG Problem is an INPAINTING that takes around 12 seconds in Live, takes nearly 30 seconds in BETA.75.

Is this extra Beta code or an issue?

cheers, Paul

PS. Light UI is a nice touch. WACOM Bamboo Touch works lag=less as it is in Live for me.

Also, the "from" cross-hair is still jumping around.

(I'm guessing the whole in-painting/healing code had some changes recently that made the tools very unstable/unusable).

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

On my side there is no difference in speed when using the Inpainting or Brush Healing Tool, it is very comparable. No problem either with the "from crosshair". I would even say that the Inpainting Tool does a better job than the official realease version.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Bugs that have not been fixed since version 1.5.
1. The HSL layer settings affect the color of the inpainting brush.
Https://youtu.be/TITEdPC5bWY
2. If the image is cropped and then apply filter apply image, then it spontaneously scales.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1Az1VRw1Y
3. The brush size settings from the keyboard are not synchronized with the brush settings from the panel.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEe0PvZzt8c
4. Tablet. Touching with minimal force pressing draws a point with no minimum diameter. If you change the force of pressing, then the size of the point changes proportionally to the force of pressing. If you try to put a point, then the size of the brush is not proportional to the force of pressing.

Https://youtu.be/gXdblkHcJgI

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hi m850, 

I see that video was uploaded before we released 1.6.0.75. Does it still happen in that build? Does it still happen if you check or uncheck Preferences > Tools > High precision table input?

4. Tablet. Touching with minimal force pressing draws a point with no minimum diameter. If you change the force of pressing, then the size of the point changes proportionally to the force of pressing. If you try to put a point, then the size of the brush is not proportional to the force of pressing.
 Https://youtu.be/gXdblkHcJgI

Hi m850, 

I see that video was uploaded before we released 1.6.0.75. Does it still happen in that build? Does it still happen if you check or uncheck Preferences > Tools > High precision table input?

For version 1.6.0.75 this problem is relevant. I did not shoot the video again and reboot.

Setting a checkmark does not affect the appearance of this problem.

The remaining problems are considered by the developers? I wrote back about them a long time ago, but they are from version to version still relevant.

Windows 11 64-bit,