You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dream Gradients

Chris Van Cleve

Now that I have redone all of my styles to use editable gradients, I decided why not provide just the gradients used as a palette? So here you go. Hope you enjoy it.

Find this and more at https://dscape-llc.com/affinity

post-3504-0-00725800-1422229840_thumb.png

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

The gradients look lovely.  I've downloaded them but where and how do I Import them?  Unzipped them.  Tried import Palette in Swatches/Gradients.  Got an "Incompatible File" error.  Since others are having no trouble, I'm obviously doing something wrong.  Help?  Please?

Well that's just poopy. It's a difference in file format between Beta and MAS. Sorry about that. I can't open my files in the MAS version to recreate the gradients either. Grrr...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

Ok, MAS compatible version added. Doesn't have all of the gradients as I can't get them to come across in an export/import scenario, but most of them are there. Sorry for that.

• 1 month later...

I have removed the now outdated MAS version as the update in the App Store handles the file correctly now. Enjoy! :)

I always import them as Application so I always have access to them. I don't know that it matters much other than when you can access them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Once you have downloaded the file, open Photo (or Designer)

Click on Swatches, then on the little lined-square icon at the far right

Scroll down to Import Palette and select Application, Document, or System, depending on where you want to use it.

Locate the file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you have it)

Select it and click on Open

And you're done.

• 4 weeks later...