You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Beta w/o AD License Key?

Hello to you all at Affinity.

I own a private MacBook Pro for which I have purchased both Affinity Designer and Photo --

making me a huge fan of both products. In my job I am working on a rather old Windows 7 box

which is not that fast. Therefore I would like to try how AD feels on Win7.

To do this I downloaded the AD 1.6 beta and started the installation. But oh my: it keeps

asking for a AD 1.5 Windows license key - which I obviously don't have! I cannot install the AD 1.5

trial as I have do this over a year ago - and was ill for a long time right after installation, so I was 

unable to test it properly. I already had asked AD support if there is a chance to extend the trial

period - negative. I got the recommendation to try the next AD beta. Now I am here and tried to

do so but I failed (once more).

Is there help for me?

Best regards,

Stefan Sperling

• Staff

Hi Stefan Sperling,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

It's not possible to install the Beta without the retail version installed as you discovered. The Customer Betas are for users who have bought and installed the retail version.

If you already installed/tried the 1.5 trial before on your Windows system then the only way is to wait for the next Affinity Designer 1.6 trial (which we will reset so everyone can try the new features).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.