You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when trying to apply image

1.6.0.74 Apply Image crashes AP with any image using any blend mode except "Normal".

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Same error here. I also believe it occurs with Blend Mode other than Normal when Applying Image

post-47670-0-16377200-1498834959_thumb.gif

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Same here. Switching blend mode to 'add' crashes it. (had a source layer dragged into it, enabled the 'equations checkmark' but didn't change any value yet. Blend mode to 'add' -> crash.

This is in 1.6.0.75.

On a related note, can someone point me in the direction to do the same as the following Photoshop apply-screen (note the 'invert', 'add' blending and the scale of 2)

KMUe48.jpg

Basically, I want to compare to layers and to make the 'difference' between the two, so that I can set the new 'difference' layer to 'linear light' and apply the changes that way.

(So, compare two layers to make the difference between those two, then apply those differences to a completely different layer)

(and no, I can't use the built-in frequency-separation, I'm using this for something else).

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

We believe this issue was fixed in beta #77 and above please retest to confirm.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.