You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Photos selection dialog crash

I have found the new import from photos dialog crashes when selecting a large amount of images. In this case I selected 150 6kx4k images in the dialog and hit ok, then AP will crash. I tried with selecting about 40 and it also crashes. 

If I select the images 10-20 at a time from the dialog I am able to add all the images without any crashes. As an aside, once all the images were added, Focus merge was able to stack 154 images with out an issue :)

Request: Since we are here, a select all button for though of us that keep things in separate albums would be nice. Drag select like what you can do in the Photos app would also be nice. 

The new dialog is a large improvement over the previous one. Great changes so far. 

I agree, the new photos selection is a big upgrade and very welcome although I haven't tried anywhere close to 154 images at a time. It's very impressive that the iPad can handle this many although I'm not convinced the iPad is the best tool for this kind of effort.

I agree, the new photos selection is a big upgrade and very welcome although I haven't tried anywhere close to 154 images at a time. It's very impressive that the iPad can handle this many although I'm not convinced the iPad is the best tool for this kind of effort.

I do agree with you mostly. But

A. The feature is there, so i am goign to abuse it ;)

B. The 10.5 pro stacked 154 images in 13min and 15 sec, while my iMac13,2 stacked the exact same 154 images in exactly 11min. With a shorter stack of 17 images the iPad did it in 44sec and the iMac in 52sec. With a stack of about 40 images the iPad was 1min57sec and the iMac in 2min16sec. So the performance with the latest ipad is actually quite good. With shorter stacks where most of the time is I/O, it appears like the fast solid state storage makes it even a little bit faster. The larger the stack of images, the more it starts to favor my iMac.

So it is a little bit silly, but not as ridiculous as it looks. If the only thing I have with my is my ipad while Im out, it is nice to know that I can be tethered to my camera and make previews, or even full sized images if I want to. 

With is pretty awesome IMO. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.