You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta - 1.6.0.74: Swatches 'Set as default for' doesn't function correctly

If I set a palette to be the default for say CMYK/8, upon restart and choosing to create a CMYK/8 file, whatever the last used palette was is used.

So if I use the stock "Colors" palette and close AD, then that is the palette that will be open when I restart AD and opt to create a CMYK/8 file, not the one I set as default for that document type.

Please make one's choice for a default palette / document color space work.

Mike

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

We believe this is partially fixed in the latest Mac and Windows beta builds and will be included in the forthcoming 1.6 public release

Fixed: Can no longer select Pantone Colours as default.

However currently we never switch palettes with a new document, or changing to/from documents. The only time we do this is when the palette doesn't exist which means it is force to change. Palettes are currently global.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
5 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Thanks, Patrick.

I would suspect with all the effort at delisting the reported bugs, version 1.6 is nigh! Thanks for all the efforts.

We are aiming for 1.6 in a few weeks.

I think that by making this effort in the forums that I am not just doing housekeeping. I think that it may get customers/users to confirm OR NOT using the current beta builds that their issue was understood and fixed. In testing around those fixes, we could flush out a few extra bugs or, unfortunately, could even expose some regressions introduced by those fixes. That is why I am doing this before release.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.