You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An Shapes Tool tutorial in .pdf

Hi, all,

Some time ago there was a question about tutorials that were not vids, for people that liked to take some time reading.  I decided to make up an introduction to the shape tools in AD. 

Nothing to fancy, but I hope it outlines what the shapes can do, and how to manipulate them in basic fashions. The file is a bit over 4 Mb. I put it on DropBox, and this is the 1st time I've used the service. Hope it works out OK.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/asdn7jkkx8b8wbx/All.pdf?dl=0

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

EXCELLENT! Not to mention a lot of effort you put into it. By the way, the link to the post you mention above re printed tutes is here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40766-printed-tutorials/

and it contains the very helpful .afdesign file you shared with all the shape tools represented in a drawing. Your download .pdf above really extends the .afdesign file.

My faves are the paragraphs on Dumb bells-bowties-arrows and the human hand. What a great way to bring home the use of shapes to create curves and designs!

Thanks for creating & sharing.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Thanks, jer, I'm glad you liked it. Learned a few more things myself, and having to write down something clear about what I understood from use was a good exercise.  I have looked over the shoulder of people who did page layout for a living, but this was the first time I tried to put something together that was mostly consistent.

I'll go back and look at it in a couple of weeks. I suppose there are some things that are not well enough stated. Some of the graphics could use tweaking. And I now have 5 pages of arrow variations, one of which I pushed into sort of a swimming fish!?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet