You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.6.0.74] Wrong fill colour

I launched AD beta build 1.6.0.74 (in Light UI mode) for the first time, drew a closed curve with the Pen Tool and clicked on the Colour Picker colour well in the Swatches panel. The colour displayed in the colour well was the default RGB red (#FF0000) but the fill applied to the shape was purple (#5C0EE4).

post-8358-0-47612500-1498692560_thumb.png

Closing and relaunching the app has made no difference, nor has switching to Dark UI mode. If I go to the Colour panel and enter #5C0EE4 for the fill, the colour I actually get is #5097AB.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I launched AD beta build 1.6.0.74 (in Light UI mode) for the first time, drew a closed curve with the Pen Tool and clicked on the Colour Picker colour well in the Swatches panel. The colour displayed in the colour well was the default RGB red (#FF0000) but the fill applied to the shape was purple (#5C0EE4).

attachicon.gifRed_5C0EE4.png

Closing and relaunching the app has made no difference, nor has switching to Dark UI mode. If I go to the Colour panel and enter #5C0EE4 for the fill, the colour I actually get is #5097AB.

Hi Alfred, I'm seeing this too, but in my case it filled with green.

post-28493-0-27104100-1498722187_thumb.png

EDIT If I open the swatches tab and choose another colour it fills with the chosen colour okay, but when I click on the default red swatch it revers to the green (even though the colour picker shows R:255 G:0 B:0 when held over the green object, also note that the colour for the fill in the context window shows red)

EDIT 2 This is also happening in AP - exactly the same green swatch replacing the chosen red and shows as red in the layers panel.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Hi Alfred, I'm seeing this too, but in my case it filled with green.

attachicon.gif2017-06-29_084130.png

EDIT If I open the swatches tab and choose another colour it fills with the chosen colour okay, but when I click on the default red swatch it reverts to the green (even though the colour picker shows R:255 G:0 B:0 when held over the green object, also note that the colour for the fill in the context window shows red)

Thanks for the confirmation, Ken.

It gets weirder if I try to change the tint, as shown in the attached animated GIF.

post-8358-0-89319600-1498723645_thumb.gif

Edit:

EDIT 2 This is also happening in AP - exactly the same green swatch replacing the chosen red and shows as red in the layers panel.

Speaking of weird, it didn't happen for me when I tried it in APh. :wacko:

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Hi Alfred and Ken!

Would you be able to attach your document with the issue please? What colour profile is the document using?

Also could you a screenshot of the Windows Colour Management dialog with the colour profiles assigned to your monitors as well please?

Hi Alfred and Ken!

Would you be able to attach your document with the issue please? What colour profile is the document using?

Also could you a screenshot of the Windows Colour Management dialog with the colour profiles assigned to your monitors as well please?

Here you go, Sean - the colour profile used in the document causes the issue, it's using my reflective Epson V550 document profile - if I set it to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 the problem goes away, however I am using my scanner to scan printed photos and documents at the moment.

wrong colour ken.zip

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Don't think its system colour profile related as it happens with anything other that default srgb used as profile in document, seems that the colour selector does that especially if you drag vertically in it.

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

• Staff

Here you go, Sean - the colour profile used in the document causes the issue, it's using my reflective Epson V550 document profile - if I set it to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 the problem goes away, however I am using my scanner to scan printed photos and documents at the moment.

attachicon.gifwrong colour ken.zip

Thanks Ken, your file opens without a problem on my local machine (which has a monitor profile set), however it doesn't on a VM and a test machine (which doesn't have a monitor profile set). Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the Devices tab of the Colour Management panel please? I have however passed it onto development.

Don't think its system colour profile related as it happens with anything other that default srgb used as profile in document, seems that the colour selector does that especially if you drag vertically in it.

This works correctly on my machine using non sRGB profiles in Affinity. Windows has the monitor set to use it's own profile - see attached screenshot. As above on a machine that doesn't it fails. Either way it is now with development to fix.

post-37-0-83527400-1498733552_thumb.png

Thanks Ken, your file opens without a problem on my local machine (which has a monitor profile set), however it doesn't on a VM and a test machine (which doesn't have a monitor profile set). Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the Devices tab of the Colour Management panel please? I have however passed it onto development.

Here you are, Sean.

post-28493-0-98827800-1498735585_thumb.png

Can you screenshot the Advanced tab as well Ken? Thanks.

I'm not Ken (obviously!) but I've attached screenshots of my Devices and Advanced tabs. As you can see, the system defaults remain in force throughout.

post-8358-0-33432500-1498739963_thumb.png

post-8358-0-45610700-1498739977_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png

Thanks Ken, I've just seen that you mentioned you had a non-sRGB colour profile on the document. As long as there is a conversion to be done (i.e. document and screen profiles are different), this bug can happen.

Thanks, Mark. My new document in AD – where I originally saw the effect – had a non-sRGB colour profile (ROMM RGB: ISO 22928-2:2013) set for the document. My new document in APh – where I didn't see the effect – was set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1; changing this to ROMM RGB: ISO 22928-2:2013 makes the same problem show up (and changing the colour profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in AD makes the problem go away).

Alfred spacer.png

This works correctly on my machine using non sRGB profiles in Affinity. Windows has the monitor set to use it's own profile - see attached screenshot. As above on a machine that doesn't it fails. Either way it is now with development to fix.

My Windows colour settings are the same as Alfred's.

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

I've fixed this now and I'm building another beta that I hope to release today, assuming no problems.

Thanks, Mark.

Thanks, Mark.

What he said!

Alfred spacer.png

I've fixed this now and I'm building another beta that I hope to release today, assuming no problems.

Hi Mark,

I've got the new beta, and the colour problem is fixed - thanks.

What I don't understand (and perhaps you can help me) is why, if I have the Colour Preferences set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 do I get the Epson scanner profile in the document?

post-28493-0-26814900-1498845971_thumb.png post-28493-0-32963000-1498845991_thumb.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.