You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.74

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the third beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Improved load time of RAW files
  • More light UI fixes
  • Fixed failure to hit rotation centre if the object had a transform
  • Fixed no input being received from some Huion tablet devices
  • Improved Inpainting seam healing
  • Improved Inpainting memory usage
  • Improved UI responsiveness when panning or zooming during complex operations
  • Fixed right clicking thumbnails in the Layers panel deselects multiple-selected objects
  • Fixed colour chooser dialog failing to show waterfall after applying gradient
  • Fixed panel resizing behaves differently to macOS version
  • Fixed Lighting filter dialog at 150% display scale at minimum supported resolution appears cut off
  • Fixed Brush Dynamic profiles not drawing correctly when first node is above zero
  • Fixed cursor not being visible over UI when using brush stabiliser
  • Fixed object moves in Layers panel when attempting to select it when scrollbar is visible
  • Fixed text justification when a line-break is on the last line
  • Fixed Transform & Navigator Panels overlapping when detached

Thanks Guys! Will see how this one goes, particularly with RAW file load times

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

I can say RAW loads way quicker on my system. 4-5 secs on average for a 24Mp Canon CR2. Was around 8-10 secs on previous beta. Lookin' good so far!

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Thanks to all team members for your good work !

I don't know if it's a bug or particular to my system... each photo I open (JPG or afphoto) shows pink around the clipped white area on the picture. These pink spots don't appear in the exported JPG. It also disappears If I click on "Auto White Balance", but not on very clipped areas. It looks like some "left over" clipped area indicator.

post-32421-0-07331900-1498672867_thumb.jpg

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I don't know if it's a bug or particular to my system... each photo I open (JPG or afphoto) shows pink around the clipped white area on the picture. These pink spots don't appear in the exported JPG. It also disappears If I click on "Auto White Balance", but not on very clipped areas. It looks like some "left over" clipped area indicator.

If that can help... An Exposure adjustment as low as "-.2" fixes it. The pink completely disapears. The loss of exposure can then be brought back with "Brightness and Contrast". An easy workaround untill the next version.

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Yes, RAW loads a bit faster as well on my system. Now 7 sec for a 22.3 MB .CR2 file (before 9 sec with .69) and 2 sec for a 8 MB .CR2 file (5 sec before). But the first half second the image appears there are a kind of darker "pixel blocks".

The Inpainting brush has been improved a lot. It is working the way I expect it to now.

It happens with Raw images as well. When highlights are pushed the halo shows up.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Hi

Beta installed with not problems and great progress as Jpeg's now load in 1-2 sec brilliant! Also raw is a faster as mentioned.

Only query/observation is that last non beta version 1.5.2.69 AP loaded in 10sec whilst beta's load in 15 sec. I assume that this is because it's a beta not a release version?

Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks

MAPLINE

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

- a Pink marker appears arround lighted spots.

- The eyedropper on the gradiation panel only selects highlights.

- Changing the size of working  tool via the status bar  the new size is not showing (dashed) until clicking on an empty space or on the picture (have a look at GIMP and others how it should work [lost focus])

- there is no chance to keep a tool setting like crop and many others as a default for the session (e.g.working on a series of pictures that should have the same aspect ratios)

Norbert

Hi

Beta installed with not problems and great progress as Jpeg's now load in 1-2 sec brilliant! Also raw is a faster as mentioned.

Only query/observation is that last non beta version 1.5.2.69 AP loaded in 10sec whilst beta's load in 15 sec. I assume that this is because it's a beta not a release version?

Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks

MAPLINE

Hi MAPLINE, the beta does do more things at startup, so I would expect it to start slightly slower.

Thank you very much for this new beta!

Load times of 21mb Panasonic-RW2 have improved from just under 8 to 5 secs.

I have so far found one issue: when I choose "repair" and Alt+Click, then move the white cross to another image area, the small "source" crosshair travels in the center of the large "destination" crosshair. Only when I click again to paint the source sample in the destination area of the image, the black crosshair jumps back to the Alt/Clicked area where it is supposed to stay after just Alt+Clicking. When I let go of the left mouse button to stop repairing, the "source" crosshair jumps back to the "destination" crosshair again. This behaviour is different from v1.5.2.69. Also in the last stable version 1.5.2.69 "repair" shows me a round "destination" brush instead of the crosshair of this latest beta.

I hope you can understand what I mean :-)

I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Clipped areas of highlight as well as their borders do not show any pink halo or pink artefacts / pixels.

I believe this occurs due to document to screen colour conversion - so it will depend on what your document and monitor colour profiles are (as well as the contents as your document).

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41382-affinity-photo-customer-beta-16072/?p=208560

Same issue still there, toolbar buttons of Layers tab are invisible, only the Group Layer button/icon is visible

Don't have that issue on my system. All buttons visible.

I believe this occurs due to document to screen colour conversion - so it will depend on what your document and monitor colour profiles are (as well as the contents as your document).

I calibrate my monitor with Spyder5 Pro and use the calibrated profile. If I setup AP to use my Datacolor Color profile there is no more pink in the clipped highlight areas. It only shows with the default sRGB color profile. But this is not a problem in AP 1.5.2.69.

-- Macbook Air 15"