You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi! I was trying to export a photo file from Affinity Photo 1.5 as a PSD to process further in Adobe Lightroom using File>Export.  I downloaded the file onto my desktop (27" iMac running osSierra). It appeared there. I loaded it into Lightroom 5.7.1. When I did so the following message appeared on the image icon: "Preview unavailable for this file". I double clicked on it to see what would happen and the following message appeared: "Could not read file." This only happens when trying to export as a PSD. What settings should be used when preparing the PSD file (Preset; Resample; Area)? I have a feeling that I did something inadvertantly to gum things up. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I'll greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

• Staff

Hi dpc,

Welcome to the forum.

I can't seem to reproduce this using Lightroom (2015.10.1) when exporting to .PSD I used the default options. Which options did you select and what kind adjustments did the PSD file contain. 

Hi! Thanks for answering. I tried to export a PSD again this morning and the same thing happened. The "Preview unavailable for this file" notification popped up when I opened my Lightroom folder. I decided to press the import button anyway to see what would happen. The following popup appeared: "The file uses an unsupported bit depth. (1)". I'm guessing that somehow when playing around with settings yesterday I must have adjusted the PSD bit depth in a way that Lightroom doesn't like. How do I get back to default settings? What should the bit depth of a PSD file be? How do I adjust it back to where it normally should be. I'm sure there's no issue with either Affinity Photo or Lightroom as far as this issue is concerned because I was able to import Affinity PSD files into Lightroom prior to yesterday without issue.

Thanks for helping out. I do like AF.