You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Local sync via LAN

Gigabyte sized images are not uncommon specially when saving Undo history; syncing these first to the cloud, then having to redownload to desktop machine is twice the wait time. Ideally Affinity would sync files first over the local network if available, and then it would update to the cloud (via iPad and/or desktop)... not sure if this is an Affinity or iOS issue, but the user experience kinda sucks with large files which are inevitably generated in "pro" environments. 2 more cents...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

https://www.resilio.com/individuals/?utm_source=navbar&utm_medium=synchome

Check out this. I use it for local network backups.

Thanks a lot for this.

I now have my PC, iPad, & Android photos synced so I can view them on any devices!

Just tried to sync a folder on Android, it downloaded data from both the PC & iPad simultaneously = faster transfer speeds.

|

I figured I'd share my way of doing things, no apps involved except having a network share on your desktop computer:

I use an app called FileExplorer, see attached video.

Share from any app to common Cloud drives or Desktop.mov

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.