You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Basic Copy/Paste not working.

Hi folks,

Today is my first day using in a real way (for production) Affinity Photo from my new iPad Pro.

My client sent me via iMessage an image I've to work with.

By tapping+holding my find on the iMessage image, I've chosen "Copy".

Switched back to Affinity, I've pressed cmd+v (or the menu entry) to paste.

My surprise (and I've to agree, frustation) was great when I obviously noticed this was not working and the only pasted thing was the filename as pixel layer.

Having to first save to camera roll to then open it back on Affinity is contra productive, make syncing (iCloud etc.) occurs for no reason, etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

WebSite.pngTwitter.png500px.pngFlickr.png

Hi MEB,

• The problem occurs with basics formats like jpeg, png, etc.

• When I copy from the Messages screen (tapping+holding + copy), then the paste element is just a text of the filename

​• When I copy from the detail view (tap image + share icon on top right + copy), then nothing is paste (neither by cmd+v on the iPad keyboard, neither using the Pasteboard Menu.

Note that from this share icon, importing to Affinity Photo does work, but this creates a new document, thus forcing to copy > switch document > paste

WebSite.pngTwitter.png500px.pngFlickr.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.