You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anybody running Photo on IOS 11 beta

Just curious about whether you are testing Photo for iPad running IOS 11 Public Beta as it has just been released. I am thinking of downloading but wondered if doing so would stop me from using Photo.

The reason I ask is that there are major changes to IOS such that when you are working in iCloud to transfer photos to AP you can now gather them into a a bundle of photos which could possibly be the answer to having to load one image at a time to pano, stacks etc. I have downloaded it to the first iPad Air which can not run AP so I can’t test it out. It is not that stable at this point so I don’t want to put it on my iPad Pro.

From what i am seeing on this iPad Air this OS is pretty awesome.

Here is a review from The Verge

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_UEdAZ9hU0

Check it out.

I am using iOS11 beta and my pictures are stuck in my iPad... the export or save as are not working because of a bad cloud integration by iOS11 and save to the iPad doas not work too... :(

Same for me as i don‘t use iCloud.

Only possible solution for me with 1.6.3 Beta 5 ist to export and use the Share Button down left.

Even AirDrop works then. But i don‘t see any possible solution for the native .afphoto format as it is not available for export.

We have to wait for the 1.6.4 as this should work with iOS 11.

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

eagerly awaiting AD for iPad :-)I

• Staff

Hi Muffins,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are still working on iOS11 integration (currently it's still in Beta and as such not officially supported) so a few features/workflows may not be working correctly or may still be improved. You will have to wait for the next betas. These issues will be fixed at some point.

• Staff

pankajdubey,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

Thanks for the report. We hope to release 1.6.3 in the next few days with better support for iOS 11 but, as the OS is in beta, cannot guarantee full functionality.

We are obviously keen to find and fix the problems before it is the release version.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I am using Affinity Ipad stable version on iOS 11 public beta.

The associated brush tool function does not change the brush.

Stable 1.6.3 from today works for me as intended with the brushtool on iOS 11 Public Beta.

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

eagerly awaiting AD for iPad :-)I

Stable 1.6.3 from today works for me as intended with the brushtool on iOS 11 Public Beta.

I must be doing something wrong then , as I am still not able to see the changed brush that I changed in associated tool.

E.g.: tap pencil tool - two options : Erase and Background Erase. -> More at the bottom screen ; change the brush to healing brush but the pencil tool continues to show Erase and Background Erase.

IPad 2017, iOS 11 public beta , Affinity 1.6.3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to see the brush size circle when using it? It disappears when you are actually using it.

i don’t understand why no one responded to the above post of mine, after all this time, particularly as at least two others here seem to have the same question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, MEB said:

Hi Muffins,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are still working on iOS11 integration (currently it's still in Beta and as such not officially supported) so a few features/workflows may not be working correctly or may still be improved. You will have to wait for the next betas. These issues will be fixed at some point.

Any word on when a beta AP will integrate better with ios 11?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.