You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, Persa said:

I am having this problem too. However, when I tap the 3-bar menu for a project I only can choose from close, rename, duplicate, and save

Oh, I see that "close" is the delete option.... I didn't expect that.

Yes its part of the new IOS and iCloud Drive integration, the way to think of it is that when you load into Affinity Photo, your file is managed in a sandbox with all edits and saved handled automatically. But, it is only a sandbox which is a temporary place to store your files, you need to press save to store either in you iPad files or iCloud Drive storage area for any long term storage. Once you have saved your files you can close them and they are deleted from the temporary internal sandbox.It is certainly a change from earlier versions but makes for a better workflow especially if you also work occasionally on desktop version too.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2017 at 10:12 PM, beutelmull said:

Hello MEB,

the only menu entry I see there is 'rename'. Looks like I cannot delete a project that contains images. How do I delete a project with all of its images?

Best regards

Hi, I quote this cause it's 2 years old and still no answers. 

When clicking the 3 lines icon sometimes the only option available is Rename, on other projects I have the usual  Save, Close, etc....WHY? 

Thanks 

12 hours ago, Massi said:

When clicking the 3 lines icon sometimes the only option available is Rename, on other projects I have the usual  Save, Close, etc....WHY? 

When documents are organized into 'project' containers (basically what would be a folder on desktop systems) your only option is "Rename." This is true even if there is just one document in the project. To delete anything in a project, tap it to open the project & you should have all the usual options for each item in it.

Once a project container is empty (contains no documents) you should have two options, Close (for when you want to keep the empty project for future use) & Delete (when you don't).

BTW, there is now a separate forum for Affinity on iPad questions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just updated to 1.9 and still the same. Now after 2+ years on AP I got tons of projects (fashion/advertising campaigns for examples) that I can't delete just because it would take tooooo long for every project to empty the corresponding folders pic but pic to finally have the Delete option available. I don't have that time because my job is to be a photographer, I thought you made this software for ppl like me as well right?RIGHT??? 

Guys really....WHy WHY nobody care about improving simple things like these????

• 3 months later...
On 6/26/2017 at 6:45 PM, MEB said:

Hi Skloco23,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

From Affinity Photo Welcome Screen, tap the small menu icon (the three lines) on the bottom right of the each thumbnail and select Delete.

Mine says "close",Which confused me, but it seems to work the same.

• 5 months later...
On 2/28/2018 at 9:07 AM, Persa said:

I am having this problem too. However, when I tap the 3-bar menu for a project I only can choose from close, rename, duplicate, and save

Oh, I see that "close" is the delete option.... I didn't expect that.

What programmer thought 'Close' meant delete. I have just spent an hour trying to find how to execute this simple task. It is about time Affinity came to terms with 'common' usage. Among the actual Synonyms for Close are; scratch, squelch, cancel, obliterate, score, rub out, terminate, scrap, blue-pencil, remove, eliminate, cease existence, strike, cross out, strike out, expunge, erase, scrub, exclude

Notice 'close' is not DELETE not only that, when you look you a dictionary the first meaning is; near, related to etc. Close as a verb is a secondary meaning and anyway why have a homophone as an instruction?

2 hours ago, boorowaboy said:

What programmer thought 'Close' meant delete.

I don't know which one it was, but it is the way the file system (such as it is) works in iPadOS, & there is not much Serif or any other developer can do about it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7