You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need to find setting so tools don't reset after each use

I want the tools in Affinity to remember my last setting.  For instance if I have switched the text tool to have white fill and font size of 9, when I restart software, or open a new file, these settings are gone and reset to default.  I work on multiple files one after the other and use the same tool settings on each one.  Having to reset the tools all the time and it is time consuming and frustrating.

• Staff

Hi chapp123456,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Sticky settings are still being implemented across the app but you can save a specific config/setting to the app defaults to be used from that point on.

To do this create a text object with the font family, size, colour etc you want then go to menu Edit ▸ Defaults ▸ Save. These settings will be used next time you create a new text object.

Hi chapp123456!

In addition to what MEB said, you may find it instructive to read the Vector content defaults help topic in Affinity Photo's built-in help system (accessible from the Help Menu > Affinity Photo Help menu item). Because the help topic search function can be a bit erratic, if you have any difficulty finding this topic, in the help topic default view, click on the three line 'hamburger' icon to show the help topic sections, click on the "Design Aids" section to expand it. The last item in that section is the Vector content defaults help topic.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7