I’d love to try a design version. I’m new to your software and I’m really blown away by this app after watching the keynote and buying the new 10.5” iPad Pro. I’m really considering buying your Mac apps at work and at home and tossing my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. These apps are amazing!

Is there any hope fr the near future (sometimes in upcoming 3 to 4years) that the designer will be available on ipad?

I am listening fr the past one and a half year that it will be available soon...

please share an estimated release date...

43 minutes ago, MEB said:

Yes, Affinity Designer will be available on iPad (it's currently in development). There's no eta, sorry.

I understood that the (northern hemisphere) summer was the official ETA for the first beta release, which should mean it will be here by August or September at the latest.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

I saw a glimmer of hope while watching the Affinity Photo iPad tutorial videos. In a clever bit of marketing, in one of the early videos, they jump back to the iPad home screen and you can clearly see a Designer icon on their iPad screen! Nice tease... now take my money!

iPadDesigner.jpg

Affinity Designer for iPad is more than just an icon on a screen! Please see this article from July last year:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/07/12/affinity-designer-for-ipad-teased-on-video/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

On 13.3.2018 at 10:31 AM, MEB said:

Hi Gazi_Ash,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, Affinity Designer will be available on iPad (it's currently in development). There's no eta, sorry.

Maby a dumb questiom, but what is eta? Google wouldnˋt help me:)

55 minutes ago, Vassi said:

Maby a dumb questiom, but what is eta? Google wouldnˋt help me:)

When I ask Google to search for acronym ETA, the top result is this page.

Alfred online2long.gif

Hi Vassi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. Affinity Designer for iPad is currently in development but we don't know for sure when it will become available and are avoiding giving dates as we may then miss them disappointing everyone. Rest assured it's coming at some point.

Is it at least this year  - sniff sniff ?

Honestly this is gonna be big hit. I tired all the vector apps on the apple store, they all sucks, expect the assembly which has a very easy user experience but the app lacks lot of pro features.  They are lot of people wish if there is a professional & user experience friendly vector app, unfortunately that is not the case right now...

I’m very very exited for the Affinity designer. Pleaseeeee make lot of people dream come true

Thanks :) It would be awsome if it was released for the new apple education event 27th of march ^^ or the june event. 

At the moment I’m sitting on the fence for buying the desktop version, because i use my ipad pro at least 90% of the time  and my mac minis not more than 10%. And it’s not ideally running it as a remote desktop to use affinity designer.

Well well. I couldn’t wait for the ipad version anymore so....

Not as portable as I wanted but it works really good as long as my ipad is teathered to my mac mini (astropad studio)

A50D12D2-058A-4E5F-9040-4AFEFEA76555.jpeg