You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to set keybding for studio panels?

Do you mean the whole Studio ?  Shift Ctrl H

If you want individual panels, you will have to set a shortcut for them in preferences.

post-59234-0-80832100-1498427111_thumb.png

One thing you could do is contract a set of panels by double clicking on a panel name, like "Layers". That will contract that group. Click once on a panel name in the group and it will expand, ready for use.. Just place your favourite panels in the group that you leave open and put the others in the groups you contract until you need them. You can drag panels between panel groups to arrange them as you like.

In the images below I have contracted two of the panel groups. If I wanted Layers or Swatches, I just need to click on the panel name and it expands, ready for use.

You can add new groups to make four or more panel groups. In the third image I have four groups. In theory you could have every panel in contracted groups, ready to use when you want them.

post-59234-0-23786000-1498427133_thumb.png

post-59234-0-35554400-1498427140_thumb.png

post-59234-0-71957700-1498428601_thumb.png

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Found it :P - I swear it wasn't there the second I've checked - It's affinity designer although doesn't matter, thanks a lot :) Thanks for the tips as well, I'm aware of contracting, but I just hate clicking stuff, in this particular case I think, in a long term it takes more time (you have to find panel since it's position can move if u contract a lot and well click it for expanding).

Just a Fun example - In AI I've made a workspace where all the panels are hidden and i just call them using shortcuts :P I mean there's still thin sidebar just in case. Too bad there's there is no thin version of sidebar in Affinity as well ;/

Yes, it's good if you can remember the shortcuts. I was always a fan of using the keyboard, rather than waggling the mouse all over the place.

However, I have recently come across a problem with shortcuts. I installed a graphic tablet which is now on the desk in front of me, and I really like it. For most things. It is nowhere near as easy to reach the keyboard now, especially for shortcuts that need two hands so I have gone more mouse  :unsure:

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 3 years later...

I realize this is an old post and it might not get read ...

But, I to was looking for a shortcut to open the Studio List similar to what you get when you go to Menu/View/Studio.

Shift Ctrl H   doesn't work for me.

I can't find anything in all of the shortcuts that relates to the Studio List.

This might not be wired into AD.

Thanks for listening.

Bob

Windows 10

AD 1.8.5.703

Bob                

Windows 10           Affinity Designer:  1.8.5.703

10 hours ago, Eagle Works said:

I can't find anything in all of the shortcuts that relates to the Studio List.

Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts, then select View in the pulldown, and scroll down to the Studio section.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for getting back with me.

What I was asking for, or meant to say, is there a command that will  pop up that list?  Then I can choose.

A shortcut to pop up that list?

Thanks

Bob

Bob                

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I closed this out or not.

What I ended up doing is this ...

I use Macro Express Pro.  (Any macro app will work.  AutoHotKey, etc.)

I set up a macro to do the keystrokes <ALT>Vd

This does the following ...

<ALT>V brings up the View Menu

d is for the d in Studio and that opens up the Studio drop down menu.

I set the macro to a certain keyboard shortcut and all is good.

This could be done a lot of other shortcuts.

Thanks for listening ...

Bob