You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creative/ awesome Photoshop tutorials easily to recreate in Affinity Photo ?

so I had some hard time to find some awesome creative tutorials with Affinity Photo. You might find some double exposure effects, dispersion ones etc o but they arent on the same level as those you might find  with Photoshop. So unfortunately still have to rely on the last ones. If you ever tried to follow a PS tutorial while working  on Affinity Photo and noticed its quite easy to do this  pls post that tut  here.

I'm afraid the destructive halfone filter can not be applied non destructively

The proprietary .pat file is another issue yeah it is photoshops stuff

there is also quite a bit of masking there  and if I  duplicate the layers to apply  the filters on them ( though the  "poster"  one is not on Affinity but anyway) things get really complicated. then he duplicate the layers wuth smart filters applied and plays with both blending modes of the filters and layers themselves.

Can you try to recreate  the effect in  AF  pls? so frustrating  Affinity doesnt get these crazy  and  fun tutorials that are also given good quality results. There are more on retouching which is not of interest  for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First, @MBd thanks for sharing the tutorials.

In the Hair Colour tutorial i saw the guy copy a mask from one layer to another by Alt-dragging. I couldn't get this to work in Affinity Photo. Anybody knows what would be the AP action to get the same result?

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

I'm the webmaster of Abergavenny Camera Club and keep interesting links in pages such as: http://www.abergavennycameraclub.org.uk/help/links-photoshop.htm

Other links are found under Photography in website top menu.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.