You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting to photos

I use an Ipad Pro to edit photos. I have been exporting completed photos back to the photos app for organization and storage. I do not nor do I want to use icloud. I have been able to manage my photos in other apps. I have not been able to find a way to do this in your app. I just don't see that option when I try to export a photo. How may I do this?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a new iPad Pro 10.5  and plan on using it when I travel to blog.  I need to be able to save smaller size photos back to Photos so I can select them for posting.  I have tried this suggestion and it does not appear to save the new file back to photos.  Thoughts?

• Staff

Hi Richrede and Paul,

I'm able to save files to Apple Photos in iOS 10.3.2. You have to tap Export from the document menu on top, select the format and options you want then tap Share on the bottom left of the interface and select Save Image. The file should then appear on the All Photos album in Apple Photos (i believe at the bottom). Do you have the All Photos album or are you seeing Camera Roll instead?

@Paul Eastwood,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Richrede and Paul,

I'm able to save files to Apple Photos in iOS 10.3.2. You have to tap Export from the document menu on top, select the format and options you want then tap Share on the bottom left of the interface and select Save Image. The file should then appear on the All Photos album in Apple Photos (i believe at the bottom). Do you have the All Photos album or are you seeing Camera Roll instead?

@Paul Eastwood,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I created an album "photos-processed" and followed your instruction, but the processed photo was saved to camera roll.  How do I save it to my Photo-processed album?  I am on IOS 10.3.3 (I cannot use IOS11 yet, as my Linux desktop cannot communicate to it).

5 hours ago, Krist said:

Paul, you thanked the wrong person.  

I assume all photos is the same as camera roll where I can see my exported photo. But I want to export it to a folder I created.

Here's the only way it works for me.  I have to create the Album in Apple Photos.  Export option in Affinity Photo>Share>Save Image saves to Apple Photos. I then have to move the photo in Apple Photos to the folder I desire.  It will then show in AP in this folder.

Not sure if IOS 11 will change this or not--not using beta, but in Photos (if not using Photo Icloud which I don't), the only way to do what you want is to select and add to an album (you create a new one with title you choose as mentioned above).  Unless they change this quite a bit--and that's always possible, everything on your Ipad is in Camera Roll--and you can place any of those in an album or more than one album--they aren't duplicating BTW.  I would guess, having used Ipad since One, that even if you could export to an album, they would still reside in Camera Roll as the default area.  

I understand what you want because I have long used PS and Lightroom but for now--this is how it works.  Oh and the other issue (unrelated to Affinity)  is if you use the Iphone and transfer to Ipad via Photostream, you either have to 'save' to an album (for it to retain on the Ipad) or 'save image'.  Likely everyone knows that Photostream will only retain about 1000 files and then it rolls over so if you do want it on your Ipad, for IOS 10.3.2 save to an album and it automatically is saved in Camera Roll.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2017 at 1:52 AM, Lee D said:

Hi cyberay,

Welcome to the forums.

You can export back to Photos by using Export > Share > Save Image.

That's good to know! I too was having the same problem. I didn't even see the Share button over in the corner there. It's not very intuitive at all, to have to click Share to save to the camera roll, then Cancel out of the Export dialog. But maybe that is the workaround for the constraints that Apple has. If it's possible though it would be better to put the Save to Camera Roll in as an option along with iCloud.

• 2 years later...