Sign in to follow this  
am_affinity

[By Design] Affinity Photo import PSD bug

Hello Affinity team,

I've bought your app on App Store and tried to use it by importing a PSD file.

The file is composed by images and text levels. As soon as I opened the PSD file (Photoshop CC), I tried to modify the text but its not possible. The text is created using the Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold font.

How can I modify the text using Affinity Photo on my iPad?

Thank you so much!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, am_affinity. :)

By default, the Affinity apps import PSD text as images, so that it looks correct even if you don't have the font(s) installed. In the desktop versions there is a Preferences setting to override this; I would hope that the same applies to the iPad version.

Please note that it is not possible to retain text as editable text when exporting to PSD format.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, am_affinity. :)

By default, the Affinity apps import PSD text as images, so that it looks correct even if you don't have the font(s) installed. In the desktop versions there is a Preferences setting to override this; I would hope that the same applies to the iPad version.

Please note that it is not possible to retain text as editable text when exporting to PSD format.

So more than a bug, it's a missing feature. I hope next releases of Affinity Photo would let me decide between text as image or as pure text, even if I would loose the font.

UPDATE: checking inside Preferences menu in Affinity Photo, I've found the Preference setting to transform the text in text layer. Now everything is fine. I have attached a picture about it.

post-63268-0-49049300-1498334660_thumb.jpg