You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have tried Aftershot Pro, currently use Aftershot Pro 3 for viewing images only. I do not use the catalogue and file sorting as it is not very good. Sometimes use it to do slight edits to family pictures and have set Aftershot to export to Affinity Photo as a 16bit TIFF file and then apply better edits in Affinity Photo. But as a review of images it is fine. Sometimes Aftershot crashes when viewing the images, a good product should be more stable.

Aftershot Pro had the potential to be great, but sadly there does not appear to be much time put in to make it a really good application. The company that produces Aftershot appears to be more about marketing than the technical stuff and technical support.

Just hoping that Serif do not fall into a similar state of affairs and spend more time marketing the product than really producing a product that could potentially be "industry standard" as per PS and LR products.

Aftershot Pro 3 has many of the features of the Develop Persona in Affinity Photo. Aftershot Pro 3 can do basic layers for adjustments to the raw image using the tools or using plug-ins as per Affinity Photo.

I have the Affinity Photo logo set on the menu bar of Aftershot and I click on this logo to send an edited image to Affinity Photo as a TIFF file. Takes about 15 seconds or so to open up in Affinity Photo.

The only slight wish for Affinity Photo Develop Persona would be some form of  .xmp file to preserve the changes I make to the RAW image before I click Develop and move over to the Photo Persona.

Aftershot preserves the alterations to the RAW inage file using an .xmp file and then one can go back and apply further changes to the RAW image rather than having to start from scratch. Aftershot does not alter the RAW image and everything is non-destructive. The .xmp files across different applications are not compatible with one another as far as I am aware. Aftershot is on it's third update since last year and is now much more stable than previous versions, but still has a few niggles that I am sure could be sorted out.

Would also like Affinity Photo to have in the Document menu some sort of "Image Properties" display that can show the properties of the image currently open in Affinity Photo. Maybe some form of .xmp file might help in this way by preserving some information alongside the edited image saved in the relevant save folder. At the moment cannot work out where Affinity Photo holds information regarding images during the processing and editing steps. Just wondering whether Affinty Photo uses temporary files for storing the stages of the editing of images and maybe whether this use of temporary files is slowing down Affinity Photo in some parts of the image editing. Have had a full version for six weeks and only two crashes (so far) but lots of messages stating "Affinity Photo not responding" but after a few seconds Affinity Photo recovers and carries on. But these delays can be a touch annoying when it happens just as one is trying to make an adjustment and the adjustment slider stops and for a few seconds does not work. Aftershot sometimes also does the same thing, such as when scrolling through the thumbnail images and then the images disapear and the thumbnail then indicates "No image". So one has to do a reset to get the images back on. Little things that niggle a bit.

Added file properties from another application. All images are edited in Affinity Photo. The files attached have the sky added in.

Unfortunately Affinity Photo does not have the current image properties and I have to use a different application to get the image properties of a image I have developed in Affinity Photo.

Particularly where I want a print image at say 300 ppi (DPI) and then the same image say 96 ppi (DPI). If I export the same two images as a 300 ppi (DPI) and also as a 96 ppi (DPI) then when I load them some time later I have no idea which is the correct DPI as Affinity Photo is unable to tell me what the image is.

Use a different application for the information as per attached 3 No. images.

For most work I am using different applications to carry out certain operations to get my images processed. Would really prefer Affinty Photo for everything but cannot do this at this time.

Need a DAM for Affinity Photo but can get by with Aftershot Pro 3 and can use two other applications where I need to get further with image production for printing etc.

post-62124-0-54839300-1498657186_thumb.jpg

post-62124-0-17057000-1498657198_thumb.jpg

post-62124-0-77934000-1498657203_thumb.jpg