You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Kasper-V

As some of you folks are asking for more photos, here are a couple from my garden this week. Although the originals are biggish (22Mb) RAW files from my camera, I've bolied them down to 800 x 600 pixels to share on Facebook. I must get round to having some full-size printing done!

OK, this is my bottle-brush tree (Callistemon), which is flowering for the first time in a few years. First is the finished photo as I developed it ...
post-32784-0-33749400-1498317787_thumb.jpg

Next, I went back and developed the RAW file three times, setting the exposure to -2, 0, and 1.5, and processed them as HDR. I applied some tone mapping and a little local contrast (but didn't make a note of the values -- sorry!), applied a vignette with exposure +2, and painted a little extra white around the edges and corners to improve the vignette.

post-32784-0-22557000-1498317788_thumb.jpg

Finally, this is an 800 x 600 px selection from the first file before I  resized it, to show the detail of the flowers.

post-32784-0-06604500-1498317789_thumb.jpg

There's quite a bit of noise, as you can see, even though I shot it at 100 ISO. Time to get a decent camera!

The first image is my favourite, thanks for sharing,  thanks for the idea, will take a close up of mine tomorrow which I grew from a cutting 10 years ago. Nice AP work.  John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Beautiful! I miss the time I lived in Orlando, Florida where Bottle Brushes were a common sight. Different from your variety, apparently, as they bloom continuously in Orlando.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

It's probably a bit warmer there than here, jer! We're further south than most of Britain and we enjoy a pleasant maritime climate ... but no Everglades.  ;)

How come 22mp gives that much noise at 100iso.?

My Xt-2 is 24Mp.; not that much noise at 200%.

Just asking.

Liking the colour. Much adjustment?

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Sharkey, it's bytes, not pixels ... about 11Mp, in fact. And I've just checked back -- it was actually 400 ISO.

Time to get a new brain!

DUH!

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

As some of you folks are asking for more photos, here are a couple from my garden this week. Although the originals are biggish (22Mb) RAW files from my camera, I've bolied them down to 800 x 600 pixels to share on Facebook. I must get round to having some full-size printing done!

OK, this is my bottle-brush tree (Callistemon), which is flowering for the first time in a few years. First is the finished photo as I developed it ...

attachicon.gif6216.jpg

Next, I went back and developed the RAW file three times, setting the exposure to -2, 0, and 1.5, and processed them as HDR. I applied some tone mapping and a little local contrast (but didn't make a note of the values -- sorry!), applied a vignette with exposure +2, and painted a little extra white around the edges and corners to improve the vignette.

attachicon.gif6216HDR.jpg

Finally, this is an 800 x 600 px selection from the first file before I  resized it, to show the detail of the flowers.

attachicon.gif6216x.jpg

There's quite a bit of noise, as you can see, even though I shot it at 100 ISO. Time to get a decent camera!

Having been with Affinity Photo since it was an 'egg, I still find myself booting into windows PSP to obtain effects like your 6216HDR and using the PSP "Frames" to achieve an equal white area around a photo. So easy, 1 click and its done I only wish Affinity has this item.

Harrythespida 

So easy, 1 click and its done I only wish Affinity has this item.

Harrythespida 

You could make a macro easily enough that would do the job, with or without a border width parameter. I've got a couple of dozen PSP scripts of my own making. It's not so straightforward too convert them to AP macros (and I've been too lazy to do much so far), but it's a new challenge: half the fun is in learning how to do things.