You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm sure this is a simple question. I'm a long-time user of OmniGraffle, primarily for drawing diagrams: rectangles with enclosed text labels, connected by lines to other rectangles or circles. OG has a magnet feature such that when I connect a line to two objects (e.g., to the center point of a rectangle and the center point of a circle), and then move the rectangle, the circle stays put and the connecting line moves with the rectangle. Not sure I've described that well, but I hope you see my point.

It's a fairly simple operation, but something I use all the time for creating my diagrams. Can this be done in Affinity Designer?

• Staff

Hello swilcox,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

No, not currently. This is a feature that's also available in Serif Drawplus for Windows (named Connectors there) but not in Affinity Designer. I don't know if this is intended to be integrated or not. I will leave this to TonyB, as he is the most suited person to give you an answer.

Maybe you could do something similar by selecting and moving the desired nodes with the node tool ...  :unsure:

But you will have to convert all objects that are to be dragged this way to curves ...

EDIT Deleted the attachments due to upload limits.