You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Halo of fill outside the stroke

In beta 1.0.21861 I have a black graduated circle with a white stroke on a white background.  There is a thin black line showing outside the stroke.  See attached.  How do I stop this?

How do other users embed their image in the topic, so that it shows a thumbnail?  Is there a trick I am not seeing? 

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

Change the stroke alignment to center or outside (you have it set to inside).

Regarding the question about embedding the image: immediately after you attach an image to a post, if you look on the right, where the file is listed there's a small link that says Add to Post (where you can also delete the attachment). Just click there :)

So this is common if inside is used?  I assume it's from the antialiasing.  Well poo.  I normally use inside because if I want an object that is a specified size I can adjust the stroke as I want without it messing with the overall size.  And most of my drawings have everything to a specified size.

Thanks for the info MEB.  I wondered what Add to Post was.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

Yes, it's because of the antialiasing. The sample you posted is the worst case scenario because the contrast between the stroke and the fill is the biggest possible. In other cases this shouldn't be so obvious. Anyway, i believe this can improved a little, but it may take a while until someone can take a look at this. It's not something trivial/easy to solve.