nucleardirk

PSDExport missing background

Hey!

I exported to a PSD file (cmyk) with an black background and some white designs on it.

when opening on affinity photo for ipad - the backgrpund disappeared and I had only white design on a white background and only one layer.

what happened with the second (background) layer?

bug or my own stupidity?

(Update:
Just found out, if the background layer is converted into a pixel-layer, than its working while export. if its just a "filling-layer" the filling layer won't be exported like I expected. bug or feature??)

Hi nucleardirk

Thanks for the files, it helped me see what was happening here. Affinity doesn't really the have concept of a 'Background' Layer as PS does, in Affinity a background layer is the same as an other layer

As you are in CMYK, the white background in the PSD would just be the page itself (ie no ink printed) so we don't  need to include it as it is essentially a transparent layer. However if you were to modify the background layer in PS ,eg made black then, saved that to PSD we would import the background layer

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

As far as I see, when importing to PS there are no layers, it is just one.

as I assume a lot of people are former PS users, any chance to have a solution or workaround for this? i need to check what I have done later, as I was able to fix the problem, i think I changed to layer into a pixellayer? bu i am not sure where exactly I did that - I just remember that I was able to get the result I wanted after a while :D