You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some suggestions...

hey forum!

i really like to work with affinity photo on the ipad and its a very solid piece of software, worth every cent so far. but some stuff might be even "better" or more intuitive so here we go:

maybe those suggestiosn already exists - but i am not able to findor use them... :D

first: i would like to save a copy of the project on the ipad. I only can save to some cloud etc - but i really would love to save directl.y on the ipad to have a kind of "working copy"

2nd: is there a lineal? i haven't found on, but would be helpful! also to find pictures mid etc.

3rd: text selcting is not working very well, to select some text and change the size etc. it could be more comftable if anything should be selceted. word by word is working fine, but select all not.

4th: would be nice to have some kind of "finetune adjustments" - to adjust a layer, size, position etc. its sometimes tricky to move them exactly in the correct position without using the apple pencil. it would be nice to have e.g. some arrows to move the selection pixel by pixel over the screen to the final wanted destination.

5th: opening PDFs and EPS is not working from all locations. i usually store files in readlle documents and importing EPS from the is tricky same as from email a no OPEN WITH AFFINITY PHOTO appears.

6th: opening PDFs with vector grafics and text - are not looking like on desktop (also affinity phot desktop version is affected!) - guess this has to to do non embedded fonts or something like that..... any chance to get this solved by using similar fonts eg?

as said, i love working with affinity photo on ipad, its really an amazing app, but it would be nice to hear to customers voice :)

looking forward to the next releases!

+1 to all of your suggestions  :)

In particular, we need the option to save an .aphoto copy of our document directly to the iPad, without going through the cloud, and we need a dedicated Nudge Tool, as indicated in your last screen shot. I would suggest adding a “modifier” switch directly to that tool, with an appropriate icon.

In my opinion, the iOS app should be a self-contained environment, without giving rise to the need of attaching an external keyboard for basic functions.

post-1198-0-89333400-1498461339_thumb.png