Sign in to follow this  
Jeresta

Export to SVG Removes content upon reopening

Hello, 

I have exported one of my drawings as an SVG and reopened in Affinity and some of the content does not show. The layers show that they are there but the content is missing. I would like to know if this is only a bug when reopening in Afdesign or does it effect other vector editing programs as well.

--Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I think we'd need to see the file in question (or at least some part of it that's going wrong) in order to give some guidance. Is there any way you could share it here? Designer is pretty good at correctly opening SVGs so I'd be surprised if the content was there and not correctly imported... Also, you might want to try exporting the document in the latest beta version - there have been a lot of export/import changes.

Thanks,

Matt

Here is the file.

The complete step by step process in which the case occurs is that the original file was an adobe illustrator file, edited and saved in Affinity, the .afdesign was then edited again and exported as .svg, then reopened the .svg file in Affinity and it removes the design to the left of the text. 

In the file preview in Finder on Mac the image shows the design but when opened it does not show.

Thanks,

Jeremy

file.svg

Okay, I tried the Beta. I exported again as SVG and reopened and it shows the complete file now. However there is still one slight bug "feature." :) When opening the SVG file the document setup dimensions are different from the original document dimensions.