mqudsi

space bar to deselect layer no longer works

Hello team,

I'm pretty sure this is a regression, but since updating from an older release to 1.5.3.69, if I click to select a layer in the layer toolbox and then hit the space bar, the layer is not unchecked.

Holding down the space bar temporarily turns off the bounding box(es) on the canvas, but I don't think it has ever actually deselected the object(s) in question.

Hi mqudsi

This has never been an intended behaviour in the app. The Spacebar by default is reserved for using as a panning shortcut, we don't have a dedicated shortcut from turning on or off layer visibility

Just so we are on the same page, I want to clarify that I am not speaking of a global shortcut for toggling layer visibility.

If you click in the layers toolbox, there's an assumption that the layers widget now has focus. In Windows (and OS X, fwiw), a selected list box item can be checked or unchecked by pressing 'space' while it has focus.

That's the behavior that I'm querying. My muscle memory keeps doing it in AD, so I'm presuming it worked at some point in the past, but I could be very wrong.