You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing ABR brushes

I tried to import some abr brushes from an artist named Sparth. They didn't come in looking at all like they did in photoshop.. almost all the brushes look like small images but in Affinity they are all stretched out. What is the process for bringing them in correctly? While searching for an answer I saw a post where someone said if they were raster, you had to use pixel persona... I have no idea how to turn that on, or if it even applies to the iPad affinity photo app.

• Staff

Is it possible to send me a sample abr brush so that I can investigate this further.  the post that found about raster brushes only applies to Designer as this also has vector brushes with in Photo they are all raster brushes.

Is it possible to send me a sample abr brush so that I can investigate this further.  the post that found about raster brushes only applies to Designer as this also has vector brushes with in Photo they are all raster brushes.

Absolutely, attaching it.

• Staff

I have tested the .abr brush and it loads with no issues, can you please check if you have Adobe Sketch installed as this can stop Photo from being able to import the .abr format and removing this app will allow Photo to import the brushes.

I have tested the .abr brush and it loads with no issues, can you please check if you have Adobe Sketch installed as this can stop Photo from being able to import the .abr format and removing this app will allow Photo to import the brushes.

I do have Autodesk Sketchbook, but not Sketch.