You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transform Selection

Unless I am missing something obvious, I can see no way to transform selections. If this is true, this is something I would love to see added, especially without the precision of an on screen cursor which makes creating selections harder in the first place.

• Staff

Hi dona,

If you are using the iPad version, change to Selections Persona on top, tap the ellipsis icon (the three dots) in the same area on the left and select Selection As Layer ▸ Toggle "Edit Selection As Layer" to enable it. Change to the Move tool (Photo Persona) and transform the selection as if it was a vector shape using the bounding box handles or the Transform Studio. Use the Toggle "Edit Selection As Layer" command again to exit that mode.

While transforming the selection using the bounding box handles tap and move the handles carefully otherwise you may end up moving the selection by mistake. 

Thanks again. I couldn't find the move tool on the selections persona but it appears when go back into photo persona. Got it working now.

One observation. If you are transforming the selection and tap on the mask, it takes you straight out of 'edit selection as a layer'. Can this not be locked until you toggle the option again because if you click on the mask by accident, you need to go back into selection persona and select the toggle again from the context menu which is a pain.

• Staff

Thanks for the feedback donka. Yes, to select the Move Tool you have to change back to Photo Persona, forgot to mention that. Glad you have sorted it out.

It also does quit this mode when we tap anywhere on the overlay as you pointed out but I think this is by design. The desktop version does the same.

The bounding box handles are really hard to adjust in this mode and we end up moving the selection too easily. I'm passing this one to the development team.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks MEB. I actually noticed that is you tap and drag outside the selection but close to a handle then you could resize safely without moving the selection. This worked better for me than trying to drag exactly on the handles.