You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo as a plugin for LightRoom

I've done this. It works fine. You'll have to navigate to the Affinity folder to find Photo.exe as the key file (typically in C:/Program Files/Affinity/Affinity Photo). Then right click image and Edit in..., photo.exe.

It passes the image over in a tif file. I delete this later.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

When you've setup your Lightroom > Edit > Preferences > External Editing > Additional External Editor to export your image  to Affinity Photo as a TIFF/PSD/JPG file, click in the 'Preset' drop down box at the top of the section and Save the current settings as a new preset. Call it Affinity Photo, save it, and then Affinity photo will appear near the top of your 'Edit In' list.

You can do the same for any other image editors that you may have and they will appear in the 'Edit In' list.

21 minutes ago, Gerard O said:

Importantly, This does not work if you have bought Affinity from Microsoft Store. If you need this then better to buy directly from Serif

I can't see why it wouldn't work....  the "photo.exe" file is probably in another folder than the one with the "Serif installation" (the path mentioned above), but once you know the folder it is installed it should work.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"