When I use a fill layer in my processing it is impossible to view it using blend modes. The layer flickers and it seems to go back and forth between the layer of color and the image without the fill layer. This has happened repeatedly.

I'm using the iPad Pro 12.9". I just tried it with one pixel/photo layer and then a fill layer on top. The flickering isn't happening much except when I go through the list of blend modes. The live blend modes isn't working. To see what it looks like I must click on a blend mode and stay there. They are kind of blocky, too. Areas aren't affected. I just checked again and there are no longer areas not affected but it takes a second to make the new version per blend mode and they flicker a bit.

Attached is my Dropbox saved file. I did another couple of runs with one photo and one fill layer. I got the really bad flickering the first time and less on the second try. There is no way to show the flickering without being able to record a video. Is there any way to do that in this app? I took screenshots of three different blend modes and there is no difference in any of them. Live blend mode previews do not work for me at all with fill layers.

Hi BerverlyE,

I can reproduce this, however it looks like it only happens when you have the Fill filter dialog open. If you click the 'Tick' to apply the Fill filter to the pixel layer the previews will start working. I shall get it logged with developed.

Hi BeverlyE,

Thanks for the file. This is not working for you because the Pixel layer you placed above the image has no data. It's totally transparent, so there's nothing to blend with. Do the following:

- tap the pixel layer in the Layers Studio to select it.

- select the Flood Fill Tool (the paint bucket icon on the left toolbar).

- open the Colour Studio on the right of the interface and select a colour

- tap the canvas to fill the pixel layer with the colour you selected

- now with the pixel layer still selected in the Layers Studio, tap the ellipsis icon (the three dots) on the top of the Layers Studio and tap again on the blend mode button (below the opacity slider)

- tap and drag the list of blend modes in the popover that will appear on the left

You should see a preview of the blend modes changing on canvas,