jea525

Affinity Designer Not Responding Frequently

Hi Please help!

I have been using affinity designer for a couple months and in the last week it has started to freeze and then say 'not responding' every 10 minutes-ish. As you can imagine quite frustrating and taking me absolutely forever to do quick tasks. I have tried uninstall and reinstall programme but no change. 

I saw on another forum that a corrupted font could cause this but I can't find how to find a corrupt font on windows 7.

I am not very tech savvy.

Hi Jea525,

Do you remember making any changes to your machine prior to noticing the slowdown? If you've not installed any fonts recently it is unlikely to be a font issue. Does this not responding happen for you on a brand new document?

Would you be able to close the app down and then paste this location into Windows Run Dialog and click OK: %appdata%\Affinity\

Inside there rename the 'Designer' folder to something like 'Designer_Old'. Now restart Designer and see if the freezing occurs.

What this does is resets all your presets and preferences back to its defaults, but you still have the originals just in case they're the cause of the problem.

Could it be the auto-save which is scheduled to run every 5 minutes? You can check this value in Edit | Preferences. Perhaps temporarily try changing this to a bigger number and see if it helps? If it does, could you send us a copy of your file so we can try to reproduce it here?