You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corel Photo Brush - ParticleShop

Over on humblebundle.com this week, they've got a couple of interesting software deals. One of them is "Corel Photo Brush - ParticleShop", which looks quite impressive. 

http://www.painterartist.com/en/product/particleshop/

The tech specs say that it'll interact with. . .

Adobe Photoshop CS5, CS6, or CC 2014+
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® CS5, CS6, or CC 2014+
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and 14
CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6+
CorelDRAW® Technical Suite X7+
Corel® PaintShop® Pro X6+
Corel® AfterShot 3 and Corel AfterShot Pro 3**

That's a pretty big list, so I assume it's just a standard Photoshop plugin. Anyone have any experience using this gizmo with AP? It's currently bundled with a bunch of other stuff for nine bucks, so I'm not gonna be too broken up if it doesn't work. Just wondering if anyone's ever tried it.

I've got it too and works fine. When exiting Particleshop it offers returning a whole image or just changes. Accepting changes results in these appearing on a layer with white background. I use filters/colours/erase white paper to leave only the particle adjustment as opaque.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Two other hints.

1. The Humble Bundle "How to install this" page says you must install AfterShot before you install this. You don't.

2. In the opening dialog box that tries to sell you more brushes, scroll down to the bottom of the list and there's a free one.

Just found that deal and just in sake of curiosity I bought it (well, it was 8,40€ after all) even when it would end-up to be a one try (like a one beer!) and I must say that I have no remorse how Corel has destroyed their product line with all the "Pay us more to get these and these!" and all other "shady" things.

Just found that deal and just in sake of curiosity I bought it (well, it was 8,40€ after all) even when it would end-up to be a one try (like a one beer!) and I must say that I have no remorse how Corel has destroyed their product line with all the "Pay us more to get these and these!" and all other "shady" things.

Adobe do this too. If you use Elements, there's lots of 'get better stuff in Photoshop.

pshaw.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.