You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I notice that when I try to import files from iCloud, particularly RAW files, I use Canon so nothing too obscure, all I can see in the preview pane for file selection is icons of files and no thumbnail preview. This makes importing the right file very hit and miss as I can not actually see what the file contains prior to importing it into Photo. A major problem if I have lots of images to browse and or I want to import files for merging into HDR etc.

Is this a bug or an as of yet unimplemented feature that we can expect to see in a future update?

www.allenart.co.uk

www.sozobsh.co.uk

Odd. I can see thumbnails of both my Sony and my old Canon (and Olympus and Panasonic) raw files when importing from iCloud. Are you running the latest iOS (10.3.2) and the latest version of AP (1.6.2)? Have you tried giving your iPad a soft reset?

Odd. I can see thumbnails of both my Sony and my old Canon (and Olympus and Panasonic) raw files when importing from iCloud. Are you running the latest iOS (10.3.2) and the latest version of AP (1.6.2)? Have you tried giving your iPad a soft reset?

Yes I am up to date on iOS and the App itself. JPEGS preview but not my CR2 files.

www.allenart.co.uk

www.sozobsh.co.uk

Indeed when I import from my Camera Roll I see thumbnails and the CR2 file opens in the develop persona so I know I am not inadvertently editing the JPEG preview. But I get no preview when I try to import from iCloud, or indeed any other cloud service.

www.allenart.co.uk

www.sozobsh.co.uk

I have the same problem on my Nikon D800. I am not able to see thumbnails so I have to go to Fast Stone to view thumbnails and then note the image number to be able to open it in AP.  Not at all pleased with this.  

It was never my intent to abandon CC.  I am interested in incorporating AP into my workflow and use it much as I do the NIK plugins. To think that AP could be a total replacement for CC may be a little naive.

It may be a little premature but I have yet to see any major photographers endorse AP.

I have the same problem on my Nikon D800. I am not able to see thumbnails so I have to go to Fast Stone to view thumbnails and then note the image number to be able to open it in AP.  Not at all pleased with this.  

It was never my intent to abandon CC.  I am interested in incorporating AP into my workflow and use it much as I do the NIK plugins. To think that AP could be a total replacement for CC may be a little naive.

It may be a little premature but I have yet to see any major photographers endorse AP.

I don't see AP as a replacement but I do see the ability to do professional level editing on the go a very attractive prospect. I have both the Windows version of AP and the iPad version and I prefer the iPad version as I am probably too much into PSCC to give it up now. Lots of plugins too that I have invested heavily in that work without a glitch on PSCC. But as I said, to do what the iPad version allows while I'm away from my computer is pretty amazing so far.

www.allenart.co.uk

www.sozobsh.co.uk

I am having the same problem with my Nikon D500 on a windows 7 PC.

Unable to preview an image before I open it.......

I have tried all the different view options but none of them show a preview.

Very frustrating.

Steve.

On windows you can often download a browser plugin that allows the thumbnails to be shown. Check out the Nikon Website. I used to shoot on an Olympus and had to do that for earlier versions of windows to preview the ORF files. I think, but am not sure, that Windows 10 has the previer's built in but I might be wrong and it might be using a Canon plugin i got before I Upgraded. As it works I have not had to worry about it.

www.allenart.co.uk

www.sozobsh.co.uk