You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lamborghini Aventador

pmeinertz

Hi,

My next personal challenge (to learn AD) was to recreate a sports car. The Lamborghini Aventador is just so beautiful, so it had to be that one!

All work is done in Draw Persona, no images added or "pixels" used.

Really miss possibility to curve the gradient line, but I think I managed to find ways around it, where I needed soft surfaces :-) .

Used a couple of images as reference.

Hope you all like it.

Amazing things can be done with AD, I just love it more and more. Having so much fun, just creating, not having the software being a limiting factor!

Br,

Philip

Just added the original AD file.

post-4312-0-27869000-1422027421_thumb.png

post-4312-0-93021500-1422027422_thumb.png

Lamborghini_Original.afdesign

Ok nice picture can you post your illustration of this car now? hahaha joking! Amazing work man!

• Staff

Oh. WOW! Just can't believe that - it looks utterly phenomenal!!! Seriously, I can't believe you've just done that! That brought a huge smile to my face when I saw it - thank you so much!!!! :D

Incidentally, if you fancied sending the full resolution image to support@seriflabs.com I can have a go at uploading it here so that everyone can see the full version (not really sure what's going on at the moment!?)

Oh. WOW! Just can't believe that - it looks utterly phenomenal!!! Seriously, I can't believe you've just done that! That brought a huge smile to my face when I saw it - thank you so much!!!! :D

Incidentally, if you fancied sending the full resolution image to support@seriflabs.com I can have a go at uploading it here so that everyone can see the full version (not really sure what's going on at the moment!?)

Thanks!

Happy to share and to show the amazing things that can be done with AD. I have found so much inspiration in these forums!

I will mail the full size image.

Hell yeah!

Now that's showing off some crazy talent and an impressive Designer toolset!   Nice work pmeinertz!

Technical and product illustrators, there's a new kid in town  :)

Thud! MEB just fainted :D Well done for doing that and the pic's an absolute stunner too.

If Affinity's e-magazine was a printed publication; then this would HAVE to be the centrefold pull out... 4 pages long.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

It's only a matter of time, before someone produces a masterpiece that will hit the mainstream big time, by which I mean global. Whether it's a watch manufacturer, a car firm or even a brewery or even an app. I'm talking in years not decades. 

Considering how AD was only born a few months ago...AD is really taking root and this will become a mighty oak.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

This is why I don't complain about what AD doesn't have and just appreciate what it does. In many cases it just forces me to "think different" when solving a creative challenge. Honestly, the tool in the right hands can achieve amazing results! Clearly this is the case here.

Just Pinned the half rendered one as well. can't decide which is more impressive: the paint job or the wireframe. Hope there's more. :D

Thanks! I'm actually in doubt too, but just thought it was fun to make the wireframe version. Just took 5 min to do.

Thanks for the pins. I am following you there. Nice stuff you collect.

And yes there is more coming :-)