You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Question

Does anyone have a list of things or tips that can be used to keep document files low.

​The other day I had a 200+ mb file which I thought was larger than it could have been. It did contain about four curves with bitmapped gradients (resized) that I was suspecting was the reason the doc size was only 1024X1024.

Thanks any tips are appreciated.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

Main thing I do is to use live adjustment/filter layers as much as possible. Fortunately, AP is very good at this. You can even do things like add an adjustment and then use the blend mode in this rather than duplicating the background, adjusting this, and doing blend mode at the pixel layer level.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Thank you tip one I am saving these to a list hope to get more.

Your list would be a helpful resource if you would consider posting it to the forum. A-la Dave's & MBd's lists of video contents and editing descriptions, Bleduc's Feature List, plus many others' not on my memory at this moment. They update them as new entries become known.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Your list would be a helpful resource if you would consider posting it to the forum. A-la Dave's & MBd's lists of video contents and editing descriptions, Bleduc's Feature List, plus many others' not on my memory at this moment. They update them as new entries become known.

I will when I get a list together... Thanks

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.