Sign in to follow this  
zanthia122

Layer Styles Not Keeping Their Settings

Hi,

I just purchased the app and I'm running into a problem. I created a .psd on my laptop with some shadow styles that I commonly use. I then imported the document into Affinity Photo and created some layer styles from the document. No problem there. I can use the layer styles just fine in that document. However, when I open up another document and try to use those styles, their settings are completely changed and they're unusable. The two documents are of the same height and resolution so I don't understand what could be the problem?

Hi zanthia122

This seems to be working ok for me so far, but we may have already solved this in the latest beta Are you able to attach the files and the particular steps you are taking to take the styles from one document to another so we can look into what might be happening here?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Here's a link to the base file: https://portland-my.sharepoint.com/personal/seungyang2-c_ad_cityu_edu_hk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=046b52e8299dc41f4b6edcfa13234d77c&authkey=AVFS4TUPl6O7qIt_LB9bUws

I opened it up and created layer styles from each layer. Then I opened up another document (same size, same resolution), and used the styles on a square I drew. It didn't work... everything's changed including color, opacity, radius, etc. on the outer shadow.

Actually, on different objects the styles become different. A smaller square gets a smaller shadow for example. Is there any way to keep the numerical value, I.e. Same style on whatever I apply the style to?