You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have an issue with color management printing from AD where the printed color is not what I would expect:

The document is set to AdobeRGB, there are some red shapes (RGB 255;0;0) and a small image - printing to an HP CLJ M452.

Color management is turned off in the printer driver.

In the print dialog under color management, I´ve chosen "Color Handling: Performed by App" and my ICC profile for the paper type in question.

The resulting print is shifted to orange instead of the pure red defined in the document.

When I print the document by letting the printer driver manage color (and selecting AdobeRGB in the print driver), the result is as expected.

I would have do some more tests but from what I see with this document, there seems to be something fishy about the color management handling in AD. The ICC profile is OK - I use it successfully in various other apps (Indesign, Lightroom, Photoshop).

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

On 20/06/2017 at 1:27 PM, Thomas_A said:

When I print the document by letting the printer driver manage color (and selecting AdobeRGB in the print driver), the result is as expected.

Is this correct or did you actually select the ICC profile for the paper instead of AdobeRGB within the printer settings?