floyduk

Can't open ORF raw files from Google Drive

When I create a new document by opening it from a cloud drive, then choose google drive and browse to a folder filled with ORF (EM1) raw files and their JPG counterparts I see the ORF files greyed out. I can't open them. I can open the JPGs just fine. 

I saw a similar bug report that may or may not be related. That one talks about opening from Photos and the response suggested that perhaps the RAWs hadn't really been imported.https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/42130-when-i-import-rawjpeg-photos-from-dslr-ap-opens-only-jpeg/

In my case it's a Google Drive folder and the ORFs are definitely there with their JPGs (I shoot RAW+JPG)

John

I have the same problem with canon raw-files CR2. In the google drive app I can even open these raw-files! But in AP they are greyed out. No chance to open these files.

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub beta (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

Hi John

This may be more an issue with the Google Drive API itself, however it has been coming up a lot so I have logged it with the developers to see if there is anything ourside we can do about this

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I have the same problem. I can't open any  RAW files (NEF, RAF, ORF, etc). Only one exception: I can open DNG files.

best whises