Captain EO

Problem with toolbar when refining selection

I'm using affinity photo on the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch. When I go to refine a selection, I am unable to export to a new layer. In the tutorial it clearly shows a toolbar that I do not have access to when in the refining selection persona. I'm including pictures of the toolbar as shown in the tutorial and the toolbar as shown in my experience. Notice the toolbar is different and does not include the same features as the one shown in the tutorial. Please advise.

post-61838-0-35018400-1497923519_thumb.png

post-61838-0-95324800-1497923545_thumb.png

Bryan A.

Principal, 1111 Designs

http://1111designs.com

Hi Captain EO,

Tap the little white triangle at the end of the toolbar and it will show some more options, tap it again and you will see the Output option where you can then select New Layer.

I can only think it must be due to the size of iPad used in the video.  All of the videos used a 12.9 iPad so could explain why the full bar fits on the screen.

Hi - I'm brand new to this system, so watched the tutorials avidly..I cannot get a masked/selected object to stay selected, I don't get the pop up window either and I have the big screen ipad..I'm very frustrated!