BjornE

Designer Export/Printing Bug or Issue?

Hi, 

I didn’t find any reports on this, so; 

I recently made a quick graphic thing which looked ok on the screen but rather different when printed.

post-60708-0-28522100-1497875263_thumb.png

It seems the blurred star over the lamp is rendered in Colour Grey and the rest is B/W Grey (see closeup of print).

post-60708-0-14562200-1497875266_thumb.jpg

When printed från Designer or exported to pdf the print looks the same.

Export to png or jpg the print is ok, although Colour Grey.

post-60708-0-39261400-1497875264_thumb.jpg

Attached is also the original file of the masterpiece.

No answer required.

Kind regards!

/BjornE

AD project.afdesign

Hi BjornE,

I don't believe this is a bug. The other values I believe are still in colour grey, however because the CMYK values are the same so the dots all appear on top of each other from what I can tell. However when doing gradients I believe we dither them using all channels so the CMYK values vary to help give them a nicer blend. This is causing the offsetting of the dots when printed. It would be better for you to specify your printer to print in greyscale. I took your attached JPG printed it out and then scanned it at 1200dpi and that was even worse!

post-37-0-32849000-1497952021_thumb.png

Hi again,

Does this mean that any element with a gradient result is dithered (in colour??) but the rest is not?

Maybe I should have attached this pic instead, the offset colour rectange corresponds to the the layer with the fx, partly hidden by the door.

Lets say I would have had some colour elements this still would happen. -A bit unpredicable, at least to me.

As far as I know I used colours and not grayscale in the elements. Whatever the cause it is not visible on screen, carries over to the pdf (object based?) but not to a flattened image.

Oh well, I'll throw in an fx on the whole image until I know what I'm doing. :)

Cheers,

/BjörnE

post-60708-0-99354700-1497957892_thumb.jpg